We are no longer actively pursuing research in these areas but you can still follow the links to learn about what we have learned and access relevant publications.
- Mitigating global climate change
- Nanoporous materials
- Materials for imaging extrasolar planets : are the "little green men" really green?
- Self-organization and kinetics of formation, thermal stability, and decay of nano-scale structures in wafer-compatible processes
- Kinetics of nucleation and growth of solids from liquids, amorphous phases, and vapors or vapor-like phases far from equilibrium
- Growth of thin films using Pulsed Laser Ablation Induced Deposition
- Melting and rapid solidification of semiconductors and metals induced by nanosecond laser pulses
- Self and dopant diffusion in silicon and other semiconductors
- Nanopore fabrication, morphological evolution and stability for molecular detectors and ultra-rapid DNA sequencing
- Stress vs. Chemistry in the growth of nanostructures
- Using hydrostatic pressure and nonhydrostatic stress to determine atomistic mechanisms of kinetic processes such as atomic diffusion and crystal growth
- Growth and diffusion in stressed solids
- Viscous flow and diffusion in covalently bound amorphous materials
- Properties of nonequilibrium materials formed by rapid solidification